Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Seven Months Later...

So apparently I'm not the best blogger.  I've taken a little break from blogging the last month, partly because I haven't been very inspired, but also because I've been distracted with summer festivities and events. All in all, there hasn't been any news on the adoption front,  seven months later, we're still waiting for the call. :( Fortunately, the busy summer and the anticipation for my brother's wedding has been a great distraction! The wedding was incredibly sweet and a ton of fun, but now that it's over,  I'm going to need some serious distractions to keep my mind off of the waiting. Did I mention I hate waiting? God is definitely teaching me patience through this journey, much to my dismay.

So here's the plan... I am NOT going to sulk in my impatience and self pity. I am NOT going to feel sorry for myself, as I know that's one of the most detrimental things an infertile gal can do to herself.  I'm going to continue to live my life to the fullest while we're waiting for this baby. I'm going to temporarily close the baby room door and focus on pursuing new goals and hobbies. I don't really have any hobbies or extra curricular activities, so I need to get creative. In the meantime, I'm going to throw myself into growing my new business Travel By Krystyna, focus on getting in shape, spend more time with family, clean more, cook more and may even attempt baking! I can focus on becoming a better wife, a better mommy-to-be and just a better ME! Do you have any cool hobbies or activities you'd recommend? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Also, please continue to pray for Roman and I, as well as our future birth-mom and baby. 

2 comments:

  1. You guys are definatly in our prayers!

    I didn't know you don't bake? ;) I was so amazed by your cooking skills that I didn't even think about dessert.

    I would love to workout with you! I'm free until 2 & after 6 for the next two weeks. Holler:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Olivia, thank for the prayers!
      No, I do not bake, I stick to cooking. :) I've had one too many failed attempts. I'm embarrassed to say, I recently tried baking a cake and accidentally put a ton of butter (which it said to in the recipe) and only after trying it a few hours later, realized I should have used unsalted butter. Oops!
      I'll message you about working out. I would love that!

      Delete